Pages

Message to Catherine Marks and Charlie Billis' relatives


Catherine Marks said...

There is something I don't quite understand here. Kevin,You were talking about a career with the Catholic church..which I would assume is a celibate lifestyle... I remember Chrissy telling me you wanted to be a priest. My response to her was " Why would a guy who wanted to be a priest be on an online dating site?" I told her to stay away from this guy ..Because his story didn't add up ( he could be any number of things and she she had young girls ).(Chrissy doesn't have the greatest record for picking men)While I'm still waiting for the outcome of the trial ( In our country's court systems everyone is innocent until proven guilty). I hardly look to someone like you and see you as a hero. I find your actions predatory at least. Someone who trolls online dating sites for women to write blogs and stories about is...distasteful at best. Because of the the old media adage "There is no such thing as bad publicity." this will be my only public statement ( you may retaliate any way you like I won't respond).Ironically, you may be helping the defense's case.... The more you try to go public (purposely seeking national news programs to promote your "story")the more the defense can say she can'tget a fair trial due to media coverage.



Catherine, please don't run away. I truly believe the "tone" of all this is about to change for the better. Shalom. I think you could be intrumental in causing that to happen. I think you are a very sensible person, even if you don't hold me in very high esteem. Your assumption is wrong. A "religious vocation" does not always mean celibacy. I've only been considering the Priesthood for a year. I have been discerning the Deaconate for over five years. A deacon can marry before he is ordained, with his wife's permission, but if he survives her, he cannot remarry, and must remain celibate. I was open and honest about my attitude concerning sexuality on my online dating profiles. I didn't explain it well on this blog with my "test drive" metaphor, so here goes... As a Catholic layman, I believe marriage is a Sacrament. Making love within a marriage is a Sacramental act. Sex outside of marriage, to me, is a sacrelige. It is equivilent to sneaking the Eucharist home, and feeding it to my dog...then trying to justify it by saying "Jesus loves my dog too" and "I just can't stand the thought of Heaven without my dog...I want him to have eternal life too" 


I talked at length with Chrissy about this stuff. She pretended to agree, as a Christian woman...Yet I found out after she went to jail, that she told some of the many other men that she met online, and had sex with, that she was frustrated that she couldn't get me to play hide the salami with her. She is the predator. Don't be sexist. Chrissy is a prime example that men as well as woman need to mind their security, and exercise some caution when meeting new people in any forum, online or real world. 


Spiritually motivated altruism doesn't mean there can't be any form of a "what's in it for me column" A firefighter runs into a burning building that everyone else is running out of. Does that make him crazy? Just because she gets a salary, benefits and a good retirement doesn't make her opportunistic. These people are still heros, or at least, professionals. I'm trying to do a professional job as a writer, a blogger, a new form of reporter. Promoting and marketing my story is part of my work. I was proud to have served our American justice system in '98 by sitting on a grand jury. I feel that it was my duty to do that, as well as work under the Vermont State Police in this murder investigation. I don't want to interfere with the justice system. The National news outlets I'm talking to are equally concerned, and even more qualified at not messing with the wheels of justice. So, they are currently gathering up the story, but are not going to report it until after the justice system has made its determinations. 


I really wish we could move past the issue of whether I'm opportunistic or not, especially when I'm honestly admitting that to an extent, I am. There are much bigger issues on the table. If I'm a hero or a zero doesn't matter in light of more important things that should be discussed right now. I know it's bad form for a print journalist to make himself part of the story...or to create the news they report, but I'm not a print journalist, I'm a blogger and an aspiring book author. I can't help it. But I really feel like it's past the time that I should be out of the spotlight, and just a source of information, especially for those close to the situation. I will tell the truth. I'll try hard to limit my opinions, and just provide factual answers to any questions that anyone asks. I'm surprised that it seems to be pissing people off that I know things that they don't...because I'm not trying to withold that info from anyone. 


If I am not supposed to be talking about this, I think the State's Attorney would tell me so. I would definitely shut up out of respect for a fair trial for Chrissy. That was a very valid point you made Catherine. Please stay in contact with me. I want to give you and Charlie's relatives some info, privately, that I think could prevent a bad turn for Cat (your namesake) It doesn't matter if you folks don't like me or don't trust me, you need to be in that kid's corner, especially now that I can't be -in the least. I have the information you need to be effective in protecting her from any more loss and disappointment.

17 comments:

  1. Catherine, I don't know you and I wont pretend to, but I think you should focus on getting Cat out of a poisonous (sp?) situation. She's the one who is suffering, while your devoting your attention to Kevin Leland. Fine, don't trust him, don't like him, go ahead its your choice but I personally would feel much better if you got Cat out of there. Corrina won't snap out of the love, or lust, haze she has for her boyfriend in order to give her sister the emotional support needed. The girl just had everything she had finally grown to understand ripped away from her, I can't do anything except offer my help to you and them. Please just help them in any way possible. Right now they're in the hands of the people that raised a murderer. She admitted to it, and they still refuse to believe it. Please do something, at least for Cat if not for both. One thing is for sure, if things are going to change, your family has the best chance of helping them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me I have seriously considered it ( Taking both girls). The person who I think would be the best situation for them ( in a family context) would be their older sister. Yet, She is young and deserves her life. I would love to take them...Three problems arrive..One: I live considerably far from Vermont and everything they know. Two: I am not family , so I have no claim on them. Three: We do not practice the Christian faith...Something they have been raised their whole lives in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous.... I am very curious to know who you are.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see how you can offer help to me or the girl's family if you continue to remain anonymous. You seem to know Kevin ,the girls and their immediate family ( Are you part of Charlie's family, Kevin's family or quite possibly ..Kevin?). You said you don't know me ...Yet, you think I am the best chance for helping them and getting them out. How can you say that??? I am just a name who posted a comment...Haven't we learned through this whole dark scenario ..People are not always what they seem to be online????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I speak with Corrina on a regular basis, I only offer you advice, something which can be disclosed in secrecy. I was mistaken, I thought you were one of Charlies relatives because you were Cat's namesake which is why I suggested you take them. I do not know you personally, but Chrissy always talked about you in a higher manner. While her track record isn't exactly spotless as of now, I figure you would still be better than Chrissy's parents. I am not one to judge but everytime I see Corrina she always complains how much she hates the situation she's in. I tried to convince her to stand up for what she wants but she fears loosing time with Zach. I think Brandi would be a bad idea she is still too young and immature. Not to mention the fact that she hated Charlie with a passion. Corrina has openly told me that she hates living with her grandparents. I am a part of my own family, I am not biologically, or marriage bound to any of the families. I only wish the best for all parties I feel that Cat is being ignored in all of this commotion, I think she should be looked after more even if that means seperation from her sister. Its a cold thing to say, but If its what needs to happen then so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous, I am worried about Corrina and Cat. I also echo your thought that I wish only the best for all parties. I know Corrina is very emotionally involved with Zach...I worry about their boundary issues. I wish she would talk to me about it..But she won't.I have attempted a few times to come up..but for one reason or another things didn't work out. I live down South (very far from Vermont). I also have a job and my own family. If Cat wanted to come with me...Well, She would be totally welcomed but that is something she would have to decide. Practically speaking, I can't travel back and forth to fight the family on it ( something I think would cause more harm then good).It would have to be a mutual consensus. I do not see her family allowing that..And I don't want to cause any more damage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Catherine: I never play games with my identity. I am who I say I am, even when it sucks to be me! (It often does) Social networking, blogs, video chat, text, cell phones, snail mail...two cans and a string exist to let our thoughts and opinions be heard. Why do people still feel it is necessary to speak in person? Your help was requested, as well as offered. Get off my case for a while and do something to make it known that those two dim-wits, Paul and Marilynn, couldn't be a worse choice for raising these girls, especially now that Corrina seems obsessed with her own personal love-life, and isn't standing up for her and her sister's rights. I was so proud of her for so long, and didn't hesitate to tell her. Now I am beginning to be dissappointed. She has been dealt a really shitty hand, that's for sure, but soon it's going to be tough for them to recover. Time is of the essence. You have been involved this much, don't give up now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have offered my help, as far as it being requested ..that has to come from Corrina and Cat( that has not happened). They have not expressed to me that they are unhappy or looking for other alternatives.If they choose to communicate that to me I will do all I can to help...But I also have a family ( with a young daughter). My first priority is them. As for being on your case, Kevin...However this plays out for you is not in my control or will impact my life....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely respect, and understand why you put your family first. Corrina and Zach do have boundary issues, she has admitted to me she regrets some of the things that have happened between them, but she wont stop. In her mind it makes her feel like she has more control of the situation she's in, when really she's just unravelling more. I know Cat won't openly say anything against her grandparents, especially now that she's in their custody. She's a very smart kid, but she's also very malleable. I only wish the best for all parties, I hope you and your family recieves the best of luck. I think in these times it is when people should unite and do what they think is best, so I'm glad we've shared our ideas. ☮ Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous, It is good that Corrina has a friend like you, who is concerned. Please try to get her to communicate. You can reach me through Corrina's FB page on her friend list. I will keep what we say confidential. Please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not to be disrespectful, but I am weary of adding people whom I do not know personally. While we have managed to remain friendly here I am worried of other people finding out who I am. Such as the other anonomous, it could be someone I don't want to know who I am. If you'd like to continue contacting me, I can set something up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kevin , kevin , kevin ..... What are we gonna do with you? Sticking you nose in places that need love and understanding , both of which you've none ! Common sence asshole , the girls are minors and cannot make decisions that you suggest they should , whats f'n wrong wit you ? Church , secret military , all those fuck'in lies and runaround stories ..... Your a rat who needs cage'in for a long time . Your involvement with Chrissy is comming to an end soon , we look forward to your arrest and incarceration so no other family gets hurt by you !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous,anonymous,anonymous....LETS TAKE A STEP BACK HERE.MR Leland meets this women Chrissy on line,they become friends,she, by her free will tells him her story about killing her husband CHARLIE....so Mr.Leland did what any normal person would do...yes turn her in... do the crime you serve the time...END OF STORY.So now let all parties have the time to heal,and stop making it it all about Mr.Leland, he did what he thought was right.So by the way anonymous person...what would have you done, if Chrissy told u this story???Also the only one that has lied,and hurt all the people involved is Chrissy herself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's lying... do some of your own checking. He never worked for the police... he did tape her... but there is nothing to substantiate what he says. I heard met her on a dating site, and he became one of her victims... did she steal from you, Kevin? Is that why you decided to make her pay?

    Was that the Christian way to be? Did she pick your pocket? Or did she just say no to your advances? Something just doesn't add up here.

    Where's all the hype... ummm besides your blog to substantiate your claims that you were working for the police? It's more like the spoiled little brat got mad and decided to ruin her life. She may have confessed to something terrible to a person she thought was her friend, and you made it your duty to ruin her life. Just the kind of 'man of the cloth' you would make for the Catholic church. So many lies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I just figured out who this 'anonymous' is! It's a bunny-boiling slut that made the same mistake of confessing things to me that should have been kept between her and her priest. Then, after I turned down her and her girlfriend's suggestion that we have a threesome, she got all pissed off, and went around telling mutual friends the same lie she is spreading here: That I am a 'sore sport' about getting turned down for casual sex. That's bullshit! She started trying to cover her own ass, as soon as she knew I wasn't interested in it, by accusing me of being what she wished I were: a whore monger. You barked up the wrong tree there bitch...Enjoy hiding behind your Bible, your priest and your wine. It isn't going to be too much longer before I'm exposing your home-wrecking ass on my blog. If I could've figured out a way to do it, that wouldn't hurt others who aren't antagonizing me like you are, I would've done it by now. But then I ask myself: Why is it my responsibility to keep secrets that I didn't ask to hear, and set aside my own honor to protect those guilty of murder and adultery? People like you should learn to shut their fucking mouths. As long as I've known you, whenever you open your mouth there is gossip coming out or a ding-dong going in. Let me teach you how to prevent scandal:

    1) If you don't want the world to know you fucked the mailman, then don't fuck the mailman.

    2) If you can't help your-slutty-self, and go fuck him anyway, confess it only to your priest.

    3) If you can't help but to gossip, even about yourself, then please keep that shit away from me.

    4) If you confess to me, ( a blogger, not a priest ) don't turn around and assassinate my character.

    5) If you do slander me, then expect me to broadcast the truth about you to discredit your bull-shit.

    6) If that drags your partners-in-sin down with you, tough shit ( ? I'm still not sure about that one...)

    7) If I speak out, don't blame ME for destroying families. I'm not the one who sent the mailman home to his wife and kids with a sticky-dicky. That's YOUR doing. Don't shoot (your own) messenger.

    Let's conclude tonight's lesson to home-wrecking sluts and mariticidal maniacs with a few non-F-words from our Lord Jesus:

    It's not what goes in your mouth that defiles you, it's what comes out of it. -Matthew 15:11

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kevin: My name is Eva-Lynne, not that it's relevant, but just to associate my comment with a moniker other than Anonymous. I have no involvement at all in the personal tragedy that involved the people I am familiar with as a result of following your posts.

    Having said that, off-topic though it might be, I am inclined, now, to stop reading your work. The reason being your vitriolic response above that as a woman and mother of daughters, I found hateful and offensive. "slut" and "bitch" are unnecessary and inflammatory terms that are targeted towards demeaning and humilating not an individual, but a gender. It reflects very poorly on you, Kevin. I am disappointed to have been exposed to this in what I expected would be what you described as envisioning something new. I understand, perhaps, your becoming frustrated and angry, but the characterizations you chose to make about an hypothesized woman are on par with publicly referring to others with racial slurs. Off-putting, at best and, in my opinion, completely unacceptable at all.

    E-L

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Eva,

    I'm sorry I took so long to answer to your comment. I get a lot of complaints about 'adult language' in my writing. I'm working on a technical solution. I'm developing a 'profanity switch' that when I finally get time, will allow the reader to choose an 'edited' version of posts. I have a 'blue collar / shock-jock' way of expressing myself, that even though many other people I know, and talk with this way, aren't phased by it, I know some others are.

    Thank you for your honest critique. I read the final post, and I have to agree, it was off-putting, and didn't belong in there. I remember how angry I was when I wrote it, and I haven't been back to read it since you left your comment. Now that I'm slowly coming to terms with some of the results of my actions, that I was never expecting, I regret writing it in that tone --with or without the profanity. I'm sorry for offending you. I can see how it catches the reader off-guard, because the rest of the comments, along with the post are pretty-much civil.

    I hope my apology is enough. I can't remove the post, as tempted as I am. I leave it open for people to publish anonymously, and I don't censor anyone, even when they say horrendous stuff about me. I'll try to get my 'profanity switch' up and running ASAP.

    Most of all, I hope you know that I would never direct an offensive comment toward a 'group' - gender, race, sexual orientation... That would make me at best, a 'generalizer' or worse, a bigot. I target, with pin point accuracy, - individual - bigots, home wreckers and murderers with my 'snarky' and sometimes offensive language.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Kevin Leland: Investigative Blogger

I’m not a reporter or a journalist who is prevented from making myself part of the story. I’m a blogger, and these stories are a part of me. Therefore, expect me to be making more than a cameo appearance in them. I know I’m not the only one out here who has had a life. I welcome anyone with a good story to share a guest spot. I will help anyone with a good scoop to investigate. Bring it on! (I’ll share revenue) No slander, no gossip -just true, emotionally riveting, newsworthy drama.